Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Rebuild Begins

It's been a while since my last post but I have managed to get some work done on the bike. The engine's been stripped to the cases and inspected. Everything looked good so it was just cleaned of carbon buildup and reassembled using all new gaskets.

I found a local powdercoating company, Powder Coat Finishes, that did a great job on my parts. Yesterday, with the help my friend Christian (thanks a million), the engine went back into the frame.

This is definately a 2-person job because of the weight of the engine. Just be be sure that the beautiful new finish didn't get scratched during installation, I wrapped some high density foam padding around the danger areas.

Thanks to a tip from the GS Resources forum, the installation process was made much easier by placing the engine on it's side and lowering the frame into place. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!

Now the fun of putting all the pieces back together can start. There's an awful lot of work to do if I'm to meet my goal of a ridable bike by March 31st. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home